About this blog

Thanks for stopping by Millionaire Before 50. Hope you enjoy your stay.

Some interesting facts about me...

I'm a Filipino-American software engineer who moved to the U.S. in the middle of the dot-com boom and eventual bust, which caused many layoffs in the tech industry. While the recession did not necessarily leave me in financial ruins, the events acted as the impetus for me to start saving religiously- at a late age of 30.

I'm now happily married to a beautiful registered nurse who also mothers my 2 children. Together we work as a team to achieve our dream to become financially independent from our employers by the age of 52. I hope to chronicle our journey through this blog.

We successfully funded my eldest son's college education (it helped that he finished his degree in 3 and a half years) with very little help from the government or his real mother.

Our combined income before taxes throughout the past dozen of years range from $120K-$200K.
You might think that's a lot, but the income supported 7 people if you include my in-laws. It is typical for immigrant families to bring their parents with them.

I know, having in-laws living with you supposed to suck. But I get along with them quite well plus they provide some economic value (they help us save money on childcare). It also helps us to become very focused realizing that we could become DUNKIN-- Dual UNemployed with Kids and IN-laws to support after we retire. It's a matter of investing now or eat donuts for the rest of our retirement lives!

I regret naming named this blog with "Millionaire" in the title as some people might think I'm bragging, or worst bombard me with and welcome solicitations. For this reason, I am no longer writing anonymously. I simply don't want this blog to interfere with my relationships with friends and family.

I plan to become outrageously generous to the needy someday.


[ Update (11/10/16) ]
I've reached the millionth milestone.

[ See also ]
What 20 years in America has taught me about money

[ Become a member]
Join our Facebook group




El Nido, Palawan


Rockstar Finance




Labels: